In this episode we take a look at two attractions that had short stays at Disneyland. Learn about The Viewliner and The Phantom Boats. They actually have some great stories to go along with the histoy, so dont miss it. Plus the latest Disneyland Resort News With Tommy.
The Disneyland Resort News With Tommy
1. Disneyland Helps Local Schools With Special Grants – Seven teachers at Paul Revere Elementary School in Anaheim applied for and received Disneyland CREATE Grants this year to fund a variety of visual and performing arts projects, including theatrical puppet shows.
The Disneyland Resort funded more than 350 visual and performing arts projects at local schools this year, inspiring creativity in nearly 75,000 Orange County, Calif., students! Since 1994, the Disneyland CREATE Grants program has contributed more than $1.5 million in needed classroom funding!
2. Copper Wire Thieves Cut Power To Disneyland Resort Area Hotels – Last Friday night around 9:00 p.m. a loud explosion came from an vacant hotel at Harbor and Katella. When police arrived they found two people severely burned near the electrical panels. One person died and the other is in critical condition. Four hotels nearby lost power – Disneyland and Disney California Adventure were not affected. Power was restored about four hours later, early Saturday morning.
3. AP Discounts Are Continued! – Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder 20% merchandise discount has been extended to December 31, 2013.
4. D23.com Gets Refurbished, New Free Offers Coming –
Read StitchKingdom.com’s insightful intervew with Steven Clark about the upcoming changes: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-exclusive-d23s-steven-clark-free-membership-archive-finds-d23-expo-62737/
5. Swing Dancing Returns to Disneyland! – During the All-Nighter on May 24th, Royal Theatre at Fantasy Faire hosts a Royal Swing Ball, with a live band, The Tim Gill All-Stars, from 10 p.m. – 1:40 a.m., and beginning June 15 the “Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party” will return to the Royal Theatre for select nights during the summer.
Also, check out the new merchandise for the 24 hour Disney Day here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/eye-mazing-merchandise-for-monstrous-summer-all-night-party-at-disney-parks-on-may-24-2013/
5. Limited Time Magic – Glow with the Show –
6. Video of the Week – See decorated rubber ducks “race” through “it’s a small world” at Disneyland park to raise money for charity! http://bit.ly/10IDQou